“Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met my dad.”
If your dad is your hero, don’t you think he deserves a hero’s gift this Father’s Day? Here are 7 unique ways to show your love for Dad this Father’s Day. And the best part is that you can pull off most of these ideas for $10 or less. Remember, it’s not the price-tag but the thoughtfulness behind the gift that matters most!
- Do A Chore That Dad Usually Does – I’m guessing that there is some errand or chore around the house that is typically done by Dad. Perhaps Dad is the one who fills the tank up with gas or washes the car. A wonderful surprise would be to get up before Dad on Father’s Day and stealthily take care of that errand. Then sit back and enjoy Dad’s priceless reaction when he notices that you took care of it on Father’s Day!
- Surprise Shower Love Note - This is the perfect way to start the day off with a huge smile on Dad’s face. Crayola makes these nifty washable bathtub crayons (available on Amazon here). While Dad is still sleeping, sneak into the bathroom and leave him a special note of appreciation on the bathroom mirror and/or shower. When Dad wakes up and heads to the bathroom to wash his face or take a shower, the first thing he’ll see is your lovely message. My wife Olga and daughter Eva did this for me once, and filmed it! You can watch the home video below. As you can see, I loved this sweet surprise!
- A Donation In Dad’s Honor - Making a donation in your Dad’s honor to a charity that he is passionate about is an incredibly moving and memorable gift. If your Dad’s father is no longer with the family, then you may even consider making a donation in memory of Dad’s dad. It doesn’t get any more thoughtful than that on Father’s Day!
- A 5-Star Spa Experience At Home - If you have kids and want to say thank you in a very romantic way to the father of your children, then consider giving him a 5-star spa experience at home. Olga has been kind enough to transform our home into a 5-star spa on occasion, and it is such a wonderful treat. We put together a step-by-step video guide to show you exactly how to pull this off with some awesome tricks, including how you can easily warm up towels to wipe off the massage oils just like they do at the 5-star spas. It’s not like we own a commercial towel warmer, so you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy you can do this in your home.
- An Actor Delivering a Personal Father’s Day Greeting for Just $5 - Have you heard of Fiverr.com? It’s a site where people offer their services for just $5. It’s typically used for business purposes (e.g. graphic design, translation, etc). But there are also impersonators and singers on Fiverr that will create a personalized video for Dad for just $5. For example, for $5 you can play Dad a customized recording from their favorite politician, whether Bill Clinton or George Bush, wishing him a Happy Father’s Day? Or perhaps a song from Marilyn Monroe. There are endless options for your perusal on Fiverr.com, where you are certain to find a performer that Dad will enjoy.
- Breakfast In Bed With A Heartfelt Twist - Breakfast in bed is always a thoughtful way to get Father’s Day off to a great start. But if you want to literally put your love onto the breakfast tray, consider serving a heart-shaped delicacy. In fact, there is an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to heart-shaped foods, with over 100 pictures and recipes. God bless the internet
- A Custom Fortune Cookie Greeting - We love this simple 30 second trick that allows you to open a fortune cookie (without cracking it) to remove the message and replace it with your own custom greeting. This could be a great way to surprise Dad with a message letting him know how special he is to you. We also filmed a step-by-step guide on how to pull this off (video below and see our full blog post here).